National Environmental Leadership Award in Asthma Management
These programs are leading the way toward real solutions, and giving hope to millions of Americans — many of them children — who battle asthma.
The Healthy Neighborhoods Program staff work hard every day to improve the lives of New Yorkers with asthma. Having this national recognition helps us to honor their hard work, celebrate their success and articulate the value of this program to potential funders and decision-makers.
This recognition from the U.S. EPA has validated our past efforts, increased our organization’s visibility in the community, and empowered us to take a risk in creating new programs for the future.
We have a long way to go, but with the innovation and hard work of these outstanding programs, we are making progress.
Receiving this award will assist us in demonstrating to our patients that they are receiving quality asthma education from a nationally recognized program.
The National Environmental Leadership Award in Asthma Management is the highest recognition a program and its leaders can receive for delivering excellent environmental asthma management as part of their comprehensive asthma care services. Each year, EPA honors exceptional health plans, health care providers and communities in action with this prestigious award.
Consider applying, if your work:
- Addresses environmental triggers as part of a comprehensive asthma program?
- Fosters high-performing collaborations and partnerships?
- Improves the daily lives of those with asthma and their families?
Congratulations to the 2014 Winners!
Check back in the Fall of 2014 to apply for the 2015 National Environmental Leadership Award.
The Environmental Leadership Award in Asthma Management is the nation's highest honor for programs helping people bring asthma under control. Winners will be recognized in May during Asthma Awareness Month. Winning this award is a sign of excellence and confirmation of success in helping people with asthma lead healthy, active lives.
Winners will receive:
- A place in the National Environmental Leadership Award in Asthma Management Hall of Fame.
- An engraved, crystal award.
- Recognition on national websites, including AsthmaCommunityNetwork.org.
- Customized press kits, a descriptive snapshot of your program and support generating media attention.
- An opportunity to serve as mentors to help other programs achieve impactful results.