The Environmental Leadership Award in Asthma Management is the nation’s highest honor for programs helping people bring asthma under control. Winners will be recognized in May during Asthma Awareness Month. Winning this award is a sign of excellence and confirmation of success in helping people with asthma lead healthy, active lives.
Winners will receive:
- A place in the National Environmental Leadership Award in Asthma Management Hall of Fame.
- An engraved, crystal award.
- Recognition in May during Asthma Awareness Month.
- Recognition on national websites, including AsthmaCommunityNetwork.org.
- Customized press kits, a descriptive snapshot of your program and support generating media attention.
- An opportunity to serve as mentors to help other programs achieve impactful results.
2009 Award Winner: Bethlehem Partnership for a Healthy Community
Gina McCarthy, then Assistant Administrator, Office of Air and Radiation, U.S. EPA, and Lisa Jackson, then Administrator, U.S. EPA, present Award to Mary Mittl, Susan Madeja and Elizabeth Roth of the Bethlehem Partnership for a Health Community.