Episode 10—Weatherization Plus Health: Improving Health Outcomes While Maximizing Energy Efficiency
Weatherization Plus Health programs enable collaboration among local providers of energy, health, and safety services to low–income families. The results include providing residents access to comprehensive solutions to their housing problems. In this podcast episode, Mr. Davies and Ms. Paton describe their program that addresses asthma triggers in low-income housing. Learn about the roles of the Healthy Homes coordinator and the Weatherization auditor and their effective partnership. Hear the key steps for establishing partnerships and delivering an effective weatherization plus health program in your community.
>> Download (16.36 MB)
- Check out the National Center for Healthy Housing's Training Resources and Technical Assistance, including their Training Center and Network.
- Visit the Weatherization Plus Health website to access more training opportunities, resources and Healthy Homes providers in your region.
- Watch the webinar on Housing & Health: A Look at Effective Interventions for People With Asthma, AsthmaCommunityNetwork.org
- Watch the webinar on High-Performing Collaborations and Partnerships in Providing Asthma Care Services, AsthmaCommunityNetwork.org
- Use EPA's Asthma Home Environment Checklist to assist in the identification and mitigation of environmental asthma triggers, U.S. EPA
- Read the Federal Healthy Homes Work Group's 2013 Report on Advancing Healthy Housing: A Strategy for Action, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development