CHEST 2012 Conference
American College of Chest Physicians
14th Annual ACCP Community Asthma and COPD Coalitions Symposium,
Wednesday and Thursday, October 24-25, 2012
The agenda and presentations are now available from the 14th Annual ACCP Community Asthma and COPD Coalitions Symposium, CHEST 2012 Conference.
Every year, the American College of Chest Physicians gathers experts from around the globe to learn about the latest clinical breakthroughs, technologic innovations, and practice management issues. During the conference, attendees participated in a two-day symposium focusing solely on asthma and COPD management. Download these valuable resources to learn the latest information on asthma care and to discover effective asthma management strategies.
The 14th Community Asthma and COPD Coalitions Symposium was supported by the U.S. EPA, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Merck, Teva Pharmaceuticals, and the US Centers For Disease Control.
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Thursday, October 25, 2012
- Welcome from ACCP, EPA and CDC
System Change to Get Real Results
W. Brendle Glomb, MD, FCCP, Austin, TX
Tracey Mitchell, EPA, Washington, D.C.
Paul Garbe, DVM, MPH, Atlanta, GA
Tracy Washington-Enger, Washington, D.C.
- The State of AsthmaJeanne Moorman, MS, Atlanta, GA
- The State of COPD – How are we doing?Janet Croft, COPD/Chronic Disease Epidemiologist, Atlanta, GA
- Asthma and COPD in 2012 – Clinical Highlights and ControversiesJay Peters, MD, FCCP, San Antonio, TX
- Programs in Action for Results – 2012 Winners of EPA’s National Environmental Leadership Award in Asthma ManagementMichelle Cloutier, MD, Connecticut Children’s Medical CenterLisa Diaz, Los Angeles Care Health PlanJohn Dowling, Michigan Department of Community Health’s Asthma Prevention and Control ProgramMelinda Shuler, Mission Health
- Mobilizing Community Resources to Incorporate Community Health Workers – Statewide ProgramNancy Sutton, MS RD LDN, Providence, RI
- New NHLBI Curriculum for Training Community Health WorkersGloria Ortiz, MS, Bethesda, MD
- Improving Inpatient and Outpatient Treatment of COPD: What Local Coalitions Can DoSidney Braman, MD, FCCP New York, NY
- Successful Partnerships Getting ResultsKristen Grimes, MAOM, MCHES, Milwaukee, WI
- Peer Support in the Management of Chronic DiseaseEdwin Fisher, PhD, Chapel Hill, NC
- Faith-Based Programs to Improve Asthma Control in MinoritiesLeRoy Graham, MD, FCCP, Atlanta, GA
- Model NHLBI Funded NACI Program Addressing DisparitiesMamta Reddy, MD, Director, South Bronx Asthma Partnership, Bronx, NY
- Addressing Asthma Disparities from a State’s PerspectiveFrancesca Lopez, MSPH, AE-C, Atlanta, GA
- Federal Action Plan on Asthma DisparitiesPaul Garbe, DVM, MPH, Atlanta, GA
- WelcomeW. Brendle Glomb, MD, FCCP, Austin, TX Tracy Washington-Enger, Washington, D.C.
- Utilizing Technology to Implement Guidelines-based Care Telemedicine in Chronic DiseaseRonald Poropatich, MD, Washington, D.C.
- Preventing Re-Hospitalization for COPDJerry Krishnan, MD, PhD, Chicago, IL
- Successful School-Based Asthma ProgramsPeggy Gaddy RRT, MBA, Jefferson City, MO Department of Health